We are open for play and have taken necessary steps to ensure your safety.
COVID-19 Best Practices for Golfers
While much of normal everyday life is being altered during the COVID-19 pandemic, the one thing that everybody should still be able to enjoy is the game of golf. Kentucky’s government has confirmed golf courses are excluded from the public-facing closures Governor Bashear announced on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 so golfers may continue to swing away. Below are a list of best practices courtesy of Kentucky PGA Members and Associates that outline how golfers can best enjoy the sport while being safe and courteous to others enjoying the environment.
- Do not touch the flagsticks. The cups have been turned upside down. If your ball strikes the flagstick and comes to rest within a grip-length of the hole, deem it holed.
- Bunker rakes have been removed. Smooth out any areas with your golf shoes after play.
- Discard of your scorecard and pencil after play.
- 1 golfer per cart to promote social distancing, or only ride with people you live with.
- Think about walking rather than taking a golf cart.
- Practice social distancing at all times. Staying at least six feet away from other people lessens your chances of catching COVID-19.
- Water stations on the golf course have been removed indefinitely. Please get your complimentary bottle of water in the golf shop at check-in.
- There are restrooms on hole #5 tee and hole #13 tee. Restroom code will be provided upon arrival.
- The dining area in the golf clubhouse has been reduced to 33% capacity. Limited food and beverage options are provided in this outlet.
- Play golf with your family! It’s one of the best ways to spend time together right now. Inquire with a golf shop professionals regarding our junior rates.
- Visit www.kygolf.org or www.kycovid19.ky.gov for more information.
Griffin Gate Golf Club method of payment options are - Lexington Griffin Gate Marriott Golf Resort & Spa Room Charge, Member Account Charge or Credit/Debit Card Charge. We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover. No cash accepted.
Steps You Can Take:
- Download our mobile app so you can be in the loop with up-to-date information from the course.
- Book your tee time online and avoid calling the course.
- Text the course for the latest updates or with questions.